Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Time traveling...

I love Diana Gabaldon...seriously...the Outlander series has me in it's clutches and I can't stop picking up my Kindle to see what Jamie and Claire are doing next.  I'll admit that the first book almost did me in.  Very graphic in detail, not something I want my seventeen year old to read just yet...however, the story was incredible and the attention to detail and the customs of that time period is awe inspiring.

Long.  Cannot say you didn't get your money's worth of words.  These books are huge undertakings.  I bought several of them as Audible books because I was not going to be able to raise my kids and stay married if I gave myself completely over to the printed book...my family will tell you that the headphones were just as bad, but at least they had food and clean underwear.  I couldn't promise that otherwise.  I am reading The Fiery Cross right now instead of listening, and so far so good...

No comments:

Post a Comment